The Grants Committee will evaluate the request based on the following criteria:
- Will the activity result in a direct benefit to a broad group of women in the UMD community?
- How many UMD women are likely to participate in the program?
- How large a portion of the UMD women’s community will be affected by the program?
- How much money is being requested?
- The success of past activities of the group.
- The amount of money available to the Commission.
- Is the application complete?
Some past grants have supported:
- Proposals that meet the mission of enhancing the environment for women at UMD
- Only presentations/events that are generated from and delivered on campus
- Lectures, based on the speaker’s focus; (we are not obliged to fund an annual series)
- Travel to conferences – only when knowledge gained from the conference will directly impact a large group of women at UMD (a presentation on UMD campus is required)
We do not generally fund:
- Proposals that do not clearly result in a direct benefit to a broad group of women in the UMD community
- Retroactive requests (for past events)
- The same person for the same conference or effort for multiple years
- Computer or equipment purchases
- On-going programs